Pirastro Oliv cello strings are modern gut strings and are a development over the popular Eudoxa gut strings. They have a sheep gut core and thus a warm, rich sound with plenty of overtones, yet they are more steadily tuned than Eudoxa strings and have a better projection. For violinists that are looking for a warm gut sound on their modern instrument, the Oliv strings are the way to go!
- The sheep gut core of the Oliv strings is manufactured, wound and polished in the traditional way, by hand
- Musicians such as Gary Hoffman use Oliv strings as they offer the possibility "to explore the remotest corners of sound"
- The sound is brilliant; Oliv strings offer the typical beautiful sound of gut string
- The tone is rich and complex
- Altering the gauge by 1/2 PM changes the tension by 4%
- The A string has a ball end, the D, G and C string have a gut knot
The standard set consists of following strings:
- A string: gut, aluminum wound 22 1/2 (medium), 23 (heavy), 22 (light)
- D string: gut, aluminum wound 27 (medium), 27 1/2 (heavy), 26 1/2 (light)
- G string: gut, silver wound 28 1/2 (medium), 29 (heavy), 28 (light)
- C string: gut, silver wound 36 1/2 (medium), 37 (heavy), 36 (light)
|A string material||Sheep gut, silver wound|
|D string material||Sheep gut, aluminum wound|
|G string material||Sheep gut, silver wound|
|C string material||Sheep gut, silver wound|