Thomastik's Versum Solo cello strings set a new standard in their combination of tone quality, projection and colouration. Combine that with excellent responsiveness, and you'll understand why this set is rapidly gaining popularity! Read more
Thomastik's Versum Solo cello strings set a new standard in their combination of tone quality, projection and colouration. Combine that with excellent responsiveness, and you'll understand why this set is rapidly gaining popularity!
- The A string impresses with its velvety color, brilliance and unlimited expressiveness. Even under maximum load, it offers all the colors that a cellist needs on stage: in delicate pianissimo as well as in rich fortissimo. Their light and elegant approach allows them to rely on their quick reactions. With its beautiful body and excellent carrying capacity, the Versum Solo A belongs to the A League among the cello strings.
- The D string compensates for the known weaknesses of conventional D strings and impresses with its remarkable presence, structured body and rich color palette. After just a short playing time, you can create delicate nuances as well as full soloistic use, making it possible to elicit many harmonic overtones from the instrument.
- Versum Solo G and C strings embody an unprecedented synthesis of explosive dynamics and graceful suppleness with the best possible response. Their massive, deep core sound surprises with a radiant and lively touch. Equally exceptional is their ability to modulate: whether delicate or sweet piano, heroic fortissimo passages, or the hearty response - the player knows no bounds. The sound approach can also be freely designed: whether soft, hard or sharp, from the baroque to the modern, Versum Solo G and C strings offer sound and variation possibilities at the highest level.
In combination with Versum Solo A and D strings, the treble strings sound even more lively and dynamic. At the same time they support a noble sound with vocal quality.
- Very rich in harmonics
- Extremely good responsiveness
- Broad modulation possibilities: easy playability in both soft and loud passages
- Good projection
- Quick stability
|A string material||Carbon steel, multialloy wound|
|D string material||Carbon steel, multialloy wound|
|G string material||Spiral core, tungsten/chrome wound|
|C string material||Spiral core, tungsten/chrome wound|