At 4strings you can easily rent a string instrument if you're living in Belgium. We would like to give you a summary of our rental conditions (a full general terms can be found at the bottom of this page).
1. Start your rent
If you rent your instrument at 4strings, you rent at a local company. We are a company based in Antwerp with our warehouse in Mechelen. We sell strings and accessories all over Europe, and we rent out instruments in Belgium. If you choose to rent your violin, viola or cello with us, the process is as follows:
- You submit a rental application
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail with the rental contract to be signed and the SEPA direct debit mandate.
- You will return the signed documents to us, preferably by e-mail.
- The sum of €20 set up costs and the first 3 months rent will be automatically debited from your account.
- You will receive your instrument as a package or you can pick it up in Mechelen (by appointment).
- You play cheerfully on your instrument and share a photo or video of it on our facebook page (optional, but we do like some ambiance ;)).
- Every month the rent will be automatically debited from your account, so that you can continue playing your instrument without any administrative hassle.
2. Stop renting
Are you done renting?
Please fill in this form: https://www.4strings.be/nl/instrument-huren/huur-formulier-opzeg/ (in Dutch). There you will find more information on how you can return the instrument to us (either by post parcel - free of charge - via a parcel point or you can bring the instrument into our warehouse in Mechelen (by appointment)). Stop renting can be done free of charge after the first 3 months of rent, from month to month. So you are not tied to anything else!
3. Changing instrument
If you have outgrown your instrument, or if you want to upgrade to a better quality instrument, you can simply send us mail. We arrange the return of the instrument and send you a new (bigger/better) one. You only pay the fixed €20 set up and shipment costs. You can also purchase your violin, viola or cello through our rent purchase option. You receive a discount based on the rent you already paid.
4. The instruments
Our instruments have been carefully selected and are inspected thoroughly before each start of renting. Before you receive the instrument, we make sure that the instrument:
- Is in prime condition
- Is equipped with new quality strings
- Is equipped with all necessary accessories (bow, rosin, case or cover, shoulder rest...)
- Is ready to play
Once you start renting, all further maintenance of the instrument is up to you. So make sure you keep your instrument clean and undamaged. If you need to change strings during the rental period, this is also something the renter should take care of. Luckily we also have tons of strings on our website :)
If you feel unsure about maintaining your violin, viola or cello, you can always contact us for technical advice, or for maintenance of the instrument. You can come to our workplace in Mechelen and for €20 we'll do a full inspection of the instrument:
- Have a look at (and if necessary make adjustments to) the sound post
- Clean up the entire instrument, inside and outside
- Correct the bridge to the right positioning
- Change strings if necessary (price of strings not included)
- Inspect and clean the bow, and if necessary repair or change
- Give the instrument an all-round technical check up
As you can see renting an instrument at 4strings has quite a number of advantages, so we hope to receive your rental application in the near future! Do you have any further questions? Check out the full rental conditions below, or simply contact us. We'd love to hear from you!