Shipping and delivery
- How quickly can my order be shipped and delivered?
- What are the shipping costs?
- Is my order traceable once it has been shipped?
- What happens if I'm not at home for delivery?
- Can I come pick up my order?
- Oh dear, I ordered the wrong item! Can I return it?
- I'm not sure what I need. Can you help me?
We hold most items that you can find on our website generously in stock. If all items in your order are in stock, then we ship your order on working days within 24 hours after your order. Depending on the time of your order, this can be on the same day. Usually orders that are placed before 15h will be shipped on the same day (though we cannot fully guarantee this, so don't pin us down on it :)).
The final moment of delivery depends on the shipping method you choose:
- A standard non-traceable shipment through non-registered postal mail will be in your mailbox within 1 to 3 working days
- A traceable shipment through a parcel service will be delivered next working day in 99% of the cases.
We are a shop with more than 2000 strings and other accessories, so this means that once in a while (though we aim as little as possible) an item might be out of stock. That's a pity! But don't despair: usually we can manage to get a missing item within a couple of days. Should there be an item not in stock and if we can't keep our promise on the 24 hour shipment, you'll be notified right away by mail.
The shipping costs are automatically calculated based on the weight and size of your package. We use two categories to calculate shipping costs:
- Parcels of less than 350g that fit trough a mailbox opening can be shipped as letterbox mail. Think of orders with only strings (violin strings, viola strings, cello strings and most double bass strings) and small accessories. These are shipped in sturdy (bubble) envelopes. The shipping costs are the following:
|Country||Standard shipping costs
||Free shipping from order value
|Belgium||€1,95||€100||1-3 business days|
|Netherlands||€2,50||€100||1-3 business days|
|Rest of EU||€2,95||€100||2-8 business days|
|Rest of EU registered mail < 100g||€11,95||€299||2-8 business days|
|Rest of EU registered mail < 350g||€16,95||€299||2-8 business days|
- Larger parcels of more than 350g or items that won't fit through a letterbox opening, have to be shipped by traceable parcel post. But you can also choose to have your small parcel delivered by parcel post, in order to receive it quicker. These shipping costs are as follows:
|Country||Standard shipping costs||Free shipping from order value||Transit time
|Belgium||€4,95||€150||1 business day|
|Netherlands||€5,95||€150||1 business day|
|Luxembourg||€6,95||€199||1 business day|
|France||€9,95||€299||2-3 business days|
|Germany||€7,95||€199||1 business day|
|United Kingdom||€9,95||€299||2-3 business days|
|Italy||€13,95||€349||3-4 business days|
|Spain||€16,95||€349||3-4 business days|
|Bulgaria||€29,95||€499||4-5 business days|
|Denmark||€12,95||€349||3-4 business days|
|Estonia||€29,95||€499||4-5 business days|
|Finland||€21,95||€499||2-3 business days|
|Greece||€19,95||€499||4-5 business days|
|Hungary||€19,95||€499||3-4 business days|
|Latvia||€29,95||€499||3-4 business days|
|Lithuania||€29,95||€499||4-5 business days|
|Austria||€12,95||€349||2-3 business days|
|Poland||€14,95||€349||2-3 business days|
|Portugal||€18,95||€399||3-4 business days|
|Romania||€21,95||€499||4-5 business days|
|Slovenia||€19,95||€499||3-4 business days|
|Slovakia||€16,95||€399||3-4 business days|
|Czech Republic||€15,95||€349||3-4 business days|
|Sweden||€17,95||€399||2-3 business days|
|Norway||€29,95||€499||2-3 business days|
|Ireland||€16,95||€399||2-3 business days|
That depends on the shipping method you choose.
- Shipments through bpost are (if they are small enough) with non-normalized postal mail. These are by default not traceable.
- A shipment through a parcel service is traceable. You'll receive a track & trace link on the moment we ship your order.
This depends again on your shipping method:
- If delivery is by bpost, you don't need to be at home since it will fit in your mailbox :)
- If delivery is by a parcel service, the courier will try to deliver the parcel at a neighbour. If he manages to do that, he'll leave a small not in your mailbox indicating where you can pick it up. If not, than he'll drop your parcel at a pick up point in your neighbourhood. You'll be notified by a small letter in your mailbox as well.
Of course! Our shop is in Mechelen (Belgium) on the industrial area North. The exact address is Wayenborgstraat 22, 2800 Mechelen. The shop is however not permanently open, so better to contact us in advance to make a quick appointment.
If you choose for "Pick up" as a shipping method, we'll notify you once your order is ready for pick up.
Sure, no problem! But there are some simple conditions:
- You have to notify us of a return within 14 days after the initial shipping.
- The items in your return shipment need to be unused and in their unopened, original packaging, because otherwise we can't resell them.