Violin strings D'Addario Kaplan Solutions Non-Whisting
The non-whistling Kaplan E string was specifically designed to avoid the whistling of the open E string, without compromising in warmth and projection.
The string has by default a ball end, but a metal adapter for loop end systems is always included in the package.
|E string core||Steel, aluminum wound|
How to order?
- Select in the first field the size of your instrument (if applicable).
- In the second field you can choose the type of string. You can order a full SET or individual strings.
- In the third field you can select the tension you would like, if applicable.
Ball or loop end?E strings on a violin and A strings on a viola can come in two versions: with a ball end or with a loop end. The ball end string has a small ball at the end that you insert into your (finetuner) tailpiece. A string with a loop end has a small loop that fits over a small hook on the E or A string side of your finetuner tailpiece.
Read more here!
- Medium tension: this is the most used tension, because the manufacturer has taken it as a standard that works well for most instruments. If you're not sure which tension you need, always take medium tension.
- Strong tension: thicker string, that usually sounds louder than medium tension but is less responsive and more difficult to play.
- Light tension: thinner string that sounds slightly less loud, but usually is more responsive and easier to play.