The Perpetual violin strings are the most recent addition by Pirastro. They have a very powerful, direct, projecting sound that will mainly appeal to solists. The tension is very high, but the responsiveness remains relatively easy. Read more
The Perpetual violin strings are the most recent addition by Pirastro. They have a very powerful, direct, projecting sound that will mainly appeal to solists. The tension is very high, but the responsiveness remains relatively easy.
Thanks to innovative materials and adopting new, carefully matched production methods, the development of Pirastro Perpetual resulted in a string set with a character not yet found in our product family. Within our range of violin strings, Pirastro Perpetual provides the largest sound volume and carrying power combined with a precisely focused sound projection. The clarity of its sound, however, does not diminish the abundance of colours Perpetual offers. Its vibrant tone attack and optimal string response seamlessly complement Perpetual's sound qualities from extreme fortissimo to the most sensitive whisper.
The Perpetual violin strings react in an ideal way to the finest nuances in bow speed and pressure; this enables the musician to play with an extreme range of dynamics and expression. The innovative core material allows a comfortable smoothness during legato, shifting, string crossings, double stops and chords. The extended reverberation of the Perpetual brings forth an exuberant lustre.
Although during the first 24 hours the Pirastro Perpetual develop towards an even smoother sound, an extreme tuning stability is reached immediately after stringing the instrument.
- The E string has a removable ball end and is suitable for both ball and loop end systems
- The E string is available in two tension/thicknesses: 0,26mm (medium) and 0,267mm (heavy); the set with heavy tension therefore only contains a heavy tension E string
The standard set contains following strings:
- E string: steel, platinum wound
- A string: synthetic, aluminum wound
- D string: synthetic, silver wound
- G string: synthetic, silver wound
- A string steel core, chrome steel wound: in line with the Russian tradition of combining steel E and A string with synthetic lower strings; usually sounds more direct and louder than the synthetic core string
|E string material||Steel, platinum wound|
|A string material||Synthetic, aluminum wound (set string) or steel, chrome steel wound|
|D string material||Synthetic, silver wound|
|G string material||Synthetic, silver wound|