Pirastro Wondertone Solo violin strings are powerful synthetic strings with a clear, projecting and direct sound. They have very little "background hiss". Wondertone strings try to combine the power of Evah Pirazzi with the broader, warmer sound of Obligato strings. They may sound somewhat metallic in the beginning, but this disappears rather quickly. For instruments that lack some power and focus!
- We have especially modified the core material used for Evah Pirazzi Gold, Evah Pirazzi, Obligato and Violino strings
- The tone is direct, brilliant and clear
- No background "hiss"
- Outstanding response
- Outstanding tuning stability
- Insensitive to variations in temperature and humidity
The standard set contains following strings:
- E string: silvery steel
- A string: synthetic, aluminum wound
- D string: synthetic, silver wound
- G string: synthetic, silver wound
- E string advanced steel: more warm and round sound than the silvery steel E string, available in medium and heavy tension
- A string steel: has a brilliant and very concise tone and allows a smooth transition to the E-string. The string combo follows the string choice in the Russian tradition of great soloists such as David Oistrach who used to play on his Strad Pirastro G- and D-gut strings combined with steel A- and E-strings.
|E string material||Silvery steel or advanced steel|
|A string material||Synthetic, aluminum wound or steel|
|D string material||Synthetic, silver wound|
|G string material||Synthetic, silver wound|