The revolutionary Dominant strings by Thomastik-Infeld now have an advanced sibling. The Dominant PRO brand are fantastic all-round strings for the most demanding musician.
Dominant PRO strings are characterized by a very high dynamic range (very soft to very loud good playability) that allows for many sound colours, and are a good balance between brightness and warmth. In comparison to regular Dominant strings they sound more dark, more focused, with better projection and they have a more direct response and bow pressure resistance.
The standard set contains following strings:
- E string: steel, tinned
- A string: perlon, aluminum wound
- D string: perlon, silver wound
- G string: perlon, silver wound
Extra options (from July 2021):
- E string gold plated: a more projecting, direct yet round sound.
- E string platinum: most projecting option, good response
- E string tinned without nickel: a fraction thinner and lower tension, making it the warmest E string option from the range.
- A string chrome: thinner string with more brilliant sound, faster response than aluminum version, steadier tuning and corrosion resistance.
- D string aluminum: thicker string, coarser sound than silver version.
|E string material||Steel, tinned|
|A string material||Perlon, aluminum wound|
|D string material||Perlon, silver wound|
|G string material||Perlon, silver wound|