Warchal Amber violin strings have a warm, soft sound that tries to match the sound of gut core strings. This is achieved by using a specially new designed synthetic W-core. The specially designed E string is also very popular on itself. It has an elastic, bent part at the playing section. In this way the sound quality is drastically improved, as well as the life span of the string. And a big plus: it doesn't whistle!
The E string is available with ball or loop end and in medium or heavy tension. All other strings only exist in medium tension; the set with high tension therefore only has a heavy tension E string.
The standard set contains following strings:
- E string: steel with increased elasticity, unwound
- A string: W-core, hydronalium wound
- D string: W-core, hydronalium-silver wound
- G string: W-core, steel-silver wound
- D string silver wound: a thinner string with a slightly more projecting sound than the hydronalium one
|E string material||Steel with increased elasticity, unwound|
|A string material||W-core, hydronalium wound|
|D string material||W-core, hydronalium-silver wound (set string) or silver wound|
|G string material||W-core, steel-silver wound|